In paying tribute to Surrey County Council’s parking officers. Pat Frost, Chair – Local Committee (Waverley), therefore praises:
- The initial Task Force Committee report. This blog has mentioned before the missing dates, authors, titles in the supporting evidence in the report.
- The officers’ point about relying on your spouse or using public transport to get to the station.
- The parking officer who was asked his first question in Friday’s meeting and it had to be repeated because he wasn’t listening.
- The parking officer who asserted in the meeting that because of the high cost of car ownership it goes without saying that Haslemere residents can afford parking fees.
- The parking officer’s claim, also on Friday, that those who commute to London are well paid and therefore they can afford parking fees. (That was in response to a question about the negative impact of car parking charges on the volunteering sector).
- The parking officer who says, “Oh yes, that was a mistake” after a resident points out that the Parish Council’s letter of objection has been ignored.
It is perhaps worth a mention that two days before the Local Committee (Waverley) meeting, a reader sent the Editor an e-mail with two photos. Look at the time stamp of the picture. Lest we forget, etched in our minds forever:
Disappointing after their hard work we take away the fruits of their labours.
From: Richard [mailto: removed]
Sent: 14 March 2012 4:33 PM
I just went to Popes Mead to assess the commuter parking that has been reported. The attached pictures are what I found.
Editor’s update 19th March 2012. This additional photo has been submitted to support the comment by haslemerehetty below: